Interim Protective Measures are temporary actions taken by the University to ensure equal access to its education programs and activities and foster a more stable and safe environment during the process of reporting, Investigation, and/or adjudication. These measures may also be extended or made permanent as remedies at the conclusion of an Investigation.
Sample Interim Protective Measures include, but are not limited to:
- Access to counseling services and assistance in setting up initial appointments, both on and off campus.
- Imposition of a campus “No-Contact Order”.
- Rescheduling of exams and assignments.
- Providing alternative course completion options.
- Change in class schedule, including the ability to drop a course without penalty or to transfer sections.
- Change in work schedule or job assignment.
- Change in student’s campus housing.
- Assistance from University support staff in completing housing relocation.
- Limiting access to certain University facilities or activities pending resolution of the matter.
- Voluntary leave of absence.
- Options for changing campus transportation arrangements.